Hey, bloggers!
It's been a long time, hasn't it? Sorry about that. This past month has been full of thoughts of midterms, grades, money, working out, girlfriends (not really, there's only one of those), and most of all... STUDYING ABROAD.
In fact, that one takes the cake. I've been thinking about studying abroad pretty much 24/7 since my junior year started. Make that 24/8. My college was the first in the United States to make studying abroad a requirement - going to a different country and learning for a minimum of 3 weeks.
Well, guess what? I'm doing a semester program in Copenhagen, Denmark! I'll be abroad from January 18th to May 18th, studying gender and sexuality in EUROPE. I seriously can't wait. Although it's stressful (read: money), I'm trying to make this the best trip of my life. I've had too many "blah" trips in the past, and seriously, this is Europe. This is gender and sexuality. Two things I'm really really interested in. Frankly, I have no idea when I'd ever have this opportunity ever again, and I'm really excited to seize it. For all you college students out there who are wondering if you should study abroad: do it. Seriously. I didn't think my financial aid would cover the costs, but it's covering a good amount of them.
And hey, guess what again? That's where you come in! I'm currently working on campus and I'm receiving scholarships and loans. However, I still need help in making my study abroad experience a reality. Check out my fundraising site here: http://www.youcaring.com/tiannagoestocopenhagen and please pass it on! I didn't want to turn this blog into a plea for cash, and I hate asking for help, but I do really need your help. I'm almost there! And if you weren't aware, I am in a wizard rock/nerd rock band called Tianna and the Cliffhangers. If you would like to hear folksy/acoustic music about Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, feminism, and queer ladies, then you've come to the right place! If you donate any amount to my study abroad fundraiser I will email you a Bandcamp download code so you can easily access my new CD called "Out of Character."
I love you all, and I can't believe some of you have stuck around with this blog for so long. ^_^
Til less than a month away this time,
Tianna
No comments:
Post a Comment