03 September 2010

where i'm from

I'm just gonna post lots of poems I write in school here, kkz? :)

I am from the frog pond,
from quads I didn't want to ride
and swimming pools I was too embarrassed to get in
(chlorine, cousins
who thought of me
as a city rat)
I am from the bleeding heart plant,
the treehouse in the woods
my brother and sister built
now just a memory.

I am from roadtrips,
from Diane and Tara.
I'm from Alanis Morisette
and James Taylor,
from pirouettes and plies.
I'm from a wardrobe of
fur coats and fawns.

I'm from gingerale,
broken mugs and neglected tea.
From acoustic guitars,
power chords and Vienna sausage.
I am from the eight-sided circle
reading "stop Voldemort"
at the bottom of the hill,
far off in Virginia,
or a castle across the seas
from Silly Strawberry toothpaste
and the Walmart parking lot
all of the magic
stowed away, kept in blogs
and annual conventions
the kind of interaction I was born for

No comments:

Post a Comment