I'm pissed. You wanna know why?
I'm pissed that I go to a college where a girl who passed out flyers with an alleged college rapist's face on them - this girl was expelled. But guess who WASN'T expelled? The student "responsible for violation of the sexual misconduct policy in terms of lack of consent."
I'm pissed that I live so far from my cats.
I'm pissed that sexism still exists.
I'm pissed that people do not realize the importance of intersectional feminism.
I'm pissed that my English major with a concentration in WRITING forces me to take endless classes about ancient white dudes and their religious imagery when I literally cannot comprehend one word.
I'm pissed that people continuously comment on my Kristen Stewart iPhone background saying she's ugly, a slut, and needs to smile more, and when I tell them to stop, they don't stop.
I'm pissed that people know my trans* friend's preferred pronouns and DON'T USE THEM.
I'm pissed that it feels like I'm in college with middle schoolers.
I'm pissed that I can't listen to some of my old favorite bands because there's too much sexism in the lyrics.
I'm pissed that the creator of It Gets Better is such an asshole.
I'm pissed that cat calling is seen as flattering.
I'm pissed that my college did not want a trans* woman coming to campus to speak during Women's History Month.
I'm pissed that people say, "you should expect Seth MacFarlane to say those things."
I'm pissed that I can't get married in my home state.
I'm pissed that I have to get up at 7 am.
I'm pissed that there's really no one at my school who I like.
I'm pissed that when I tell people I'm gay or an atheist, they have the nerve to say, "I'll pray for you to soften your heart and believe."
I'm pissed that sometimes when I'm in public I wonder if strangers would still be smiling at me if they knew anything about me.
I'm pissed that I get pissed so easily.
I'm pissed that I have cavities.
I'm pissed that college is so expensive.
I'm pissed at my face.
I'm pissed at my wet feet.
I'm pissed that I try to help friends and they completely blow me off.
I'm pissed that people tell me to "just move on."
I'm pissed that teachers know all about my drama when I never told them.
I'm pissed that veganism isn't more accepted.
I'm pissed that I have to act like I'm not pissed in public or else I'll get the pissed reputation and be even more pissed.
and I'm sick of being the only one that's pissed.
No comments:
Post a Comment