We’re either somewhere in Ohio or West Virginia. I’m
sleeeeepy. It’s 1:58 pm and we have a show at 6. It’s in the Pocahontas County
Opera House in Marlinton, West Virginia. Weird. I’m not expecting anyone to be
there or to make any money. But I guess I didn’t expect that yesterday either,
and there were 20 people and I made $8. Woooo.
We left Thunder Road this morning with Steph and Justin in
Steph’s car since she won’t be at the show tomorrow. Matt, Lauren, Grace, and I
stopped at Hibachi a little bit ago and I got some rice noodles with tofu. And
soy sauce. Yummmmm. I feel a pee storm coming on though cause I had like 4 cups
of water. It was really really good
though. I’m glad we didn’t have to have our food cooked in front of us. The
only time that happened all my friends ordered meat and I had to watch it get
cooked. It was disgusting.
Anyway, it’s WEIRD how happy I am on tour. I’m scared that
this feeling will disappear once it’s over. I’m with people that understand me
and don’t judge me for talking a certain way or doing anything silly. It
doesn’t matter that I’m only 18 and the youngest of my tour mates is 24. We all
fit and laugh together and coexist and that’s all that it really takes to make
me happy. Sure, there’ve been a couple instances of disappointment, like when
friends told me they’d come to certain concerts and then didn’t show. However,
that’s infinitesimal compared to the overall glee that touring has given me.
I bought a shit ton of food yesterday in Indianapolis. Katie
and I went to Walgreen’s and I got tortilla chips, salsa, strawberry fig newtons,
applesauce, spoons, and lemonade. Probably too much for tour, but whateva.
We’ll be in Pittsburgh tomorrow. I’m pretty excited to see Bobby, Erika, Caity,
and Lisa. Also, apparently my dad’s going to be there. So we’ll see how that
goes. We’re playing under the pavilion in Schenley Plaza, so that’s super
awesome because there hasn’t been a show there since 2009. They’ve moved them
across the street right in front of the library, which is kinda lame cause it’s
just a sidewalk.
We’re staying in a Super 8 tonight. I’m pretty excited for
wifi. The place we’re playing at apparently has no cell phone service for 30
miles in any direction. KEWLLLL. So I’m expecting no wifi too. Times are hard.
LOLZ.
No comments:
Post a Comment