14 November 2010

i wrote this 2 mays ago but i still like it.

it's about a friend who gets more attention than me.


strands of grass arch in your direction
bristle at your presence
come to say hello
precipitation pitter patters on your frozen windows
but that’s just plan b

the heavens above no know god
unless they are admiring you
kneeling in the pews
singing their hymns
musty church fumes getting to their head

nature envies you
forest green with spite
though the oak will never admit to this
their blooms got the memo
you were coming to visit

even the insects buzz after you furiously
my brow knits together and I look down
upon my own brightly patterned socks
even the wasps shake your hand
that’s alright with me

a tabby cat sniffs after your shoes
its dusty odor will copy your every move
her whiskers flex and form to fit your glass of fragility
and the frosted sweetness of your mother opening your eyes
in her dreams

diamonds yield serpentine warnings
whispering to you, take my exit
once you reach the fork in the road
yet I could drive right by
tumbleweed would even dodge my tires

your ears save miraculous ideas
when they begin the fall to the sewer
sounds I cannot approach give way to you
the hands I know so well,
crushing the hibiscus plant on my windowsill

in a heartbeat

No comments:

Post a Comment