12 October 2009

well, there goes a layer of my skin.

What. The. Hell.
Okay so it's Monday, no school because it's Columbus Day, and last night I went to bed at around four in the morning. Not really that unusual except for the fact that I've been going to bed at like 11pm now. I'm trying to become a faster reader and all that jazz. Even though speed isn't really that important, but my old creative writing teacher is begging me to read The Hunger Games and I really want to as well, so I'm trying to hurry up. I still have some library books out too that I already renewed a long time ago so.. that can't be good.
Anyway, I woke up at eleven a.m., rolled out of bed, and was told by my mom that there was a calico kitten on the front porch mewing its face off. She said my older calico cat had been pawing at the door which is ironic because the older one hates our tabby kitten. :( anyway I ran downstairs and it was gone, and my mom had left for a doctor's appointment, so I put food and water on the porch and basically stared out the glass front door for like an hour and ate vegan pizza for breakfast. Eventually I gave up and went back upstairs to practice guitar for my show next month when I heard mewing and sort of like mousy noises coming from outside, so I ran down and saw this cute, fuzzy, Halloween-colored kitten walking over the porch swing. Then I opened the door and it...ran away. Yeah. All these dogs have been barking nonstop. It's probably scared senseless. :(
So back to the guitar thing, yeah. I said I was going to try to make a CD by November 14th, when I play a show. But... uh, I don't see that really happening. I was so excited for it until now. Basically, Audacity plus the recording stuff I have is so shitty that I can't control the volume even if I wanted to. And I want to. It's either too loud or too quiet or too scratchy and it sucks. And people tell me that other wizard rockers' first CD's weren't too great either, but like..they probably had help or experience or a calm temper. I don't have any of those things. It's just frustrating. I played the same song for almost four hours straight trying to get it right and it still turned out crappy. And my left hand's finger pads have skin peeling off and it hurts to type and my fingernails are split and it's just gross. And someone wanted me to send her a Christmas wizard rock song for a charity compilation...and I have no idea how I'm going to record that by October 26th.
It reduced me to tears and hair-pulling and I'm still at a loss of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment